Monday, 17 January 2011

A bit of bad news :(

Hello, my lovelies i thought long and hard about posting this but i know deep down you will understand,
My husband was involved in a road traffic accident last night which has resulted in the car being written off, yes it's that bad, before i go on he is fine :0)
A little shook up but thing's could have been so different and i'm grateful he's here to tell me about it xx
You've never seen anyone so relieved to see him walk through that door,
He was being driven at head on by a crazed 4x4 and so to avoid a head on collision which would have been fatal  at 45 mph he swerved into the barriers to avoid him spinning the car several times bouncing off the barriers that were thankfully in place This crazed driver did not stop!!
A couple stopped and said that this crazed driver almost hit them too and they too had to swerve but thankfully had more room, they stayed a while to make sure he was ok before going on their way , police arrived annd did the usual routine of breathalizers etc and got a transport vehicle to take the wrecked car away before leaving him at a location where he could give direction's for someone to collect him from..
All in all we had a very long night from the time of the accident to him actually getting home  in one piece i'm so happy to say xxx
We do live in an rural area where we rely heavily on the car but it can be replaced right lives can't. sorry to share my bad news with you all but in light of the draw i'm holding i may be a little late obtaining the yarn depending now on friends to escort me place to place, i'll keep you all posted, we're going to collect the valuables from the car Weds half of me doesn't want to see it, half of me does ?? Until then take care my lovlies and as always i know i say it a lot but i mean it Stay safe ~~~~ Do enter the draw below you are my friends and i'd love to share something of me with you xxxx

Much love and thank's for listening Amanda xxxx

25 comments:

  1. So very sorry to read of your husband's accident but so pleased to know that he was uninjured, like you say, it could have been so different. Hope they catch the monster who did this and didn't stop. (I was knocked down some 40 years ago and that driver didn't stop either).
    I'm sure you will both be feeling shaken by this but cars can be replaced people can't.
    Someone was watching over him.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carol yes i believe so too, shaken is an understatement my boss at work has been wonderful today i nearly didn't go in i personally have felt sick all day caught up on a few hours sleep now sitting here with a strong coffee, Hubby is catching up on a bit of sleep too now bless him xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your husbands accident, thank God that he is O.K.
    My husband wrote my car off this time last year, but thankfully he wasn't driving too fast and was unhurt. I have forgiven him for ruining my favourite car!!!
    Mary (Maryfairy)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry that happened but happy that your husband is okay. Same thing happened to relatives of mine last month. Same type of cars and speed but they were in critical condition with multiple broken bones, collapsed lungs. One was in a coma for 3 weeks. But thanks to many prayers and the Lord's help they are both on the mend and out of the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to read this, it is a bad moment for your family. But thanks God you are all safe and we are grateful for that. Relax and take it easy at this moment, it is all that you can do. As you say material things can be replaced but a life can't.
    Please take care, I send you warm hugs.
    Merchy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs to you both and thank God!! Have some hooky therapy.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda, you scared me!Thankfully your husband is fine! What a shock!
    How is your husband, was he very shaken up by the accident?

    I hope you can replace the car as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear hunni. Glad he is okay. hugsxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Manda , I'm so glad your hubby is ok, it doesnt bear thinking about what could of happened does it ?
    You must all be tired out with the stress of it all xx
    Hope your insurers sort you out quickly, sending you big hugs Fee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no Manda thats a horrible thing to go through. So glad hubby is okay. And so sorry it had to happen to you. SOmetimes the worst things happen to the nicest people huh?

    Hopefully he will make a full and speedy recover, and now you get to go new car shopping, yippee!

    ♥ Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Amanda so sorry to hear this news. But thank GOD your husband is Ok. I'm sure he is shook up and you too. But you are together. I will pray for you and hopefully you can get a car in the near future. Take care, xo Robin❤

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like an awful thing to go through! So glad your hubby is okay, what a blessing! Makes you realize how precious your loved ones are. Praying for you guys! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad your husband is Ok! So sorry about the accident!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so scary, I'm so glad that your husband is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A bit of bad but tons of good news. So glad your DH is OK. Cars can be replaced but he cannot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. As has been said...the main thing is your husband is OK...but I'm sorry you both had such a scare. Hope the person responsible is found and held responsible. Well we can hope, can't we.
    Take care manda and give him a little bit of extra TLC...
    M

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm truely touched by all your wonderful comments i really am xxx The insurance have phoned and have stopped the clock as they say! basically means it's written off which we knew, but now it will go through the neccesarary channels that bit quicker. much love to you all xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Manda, wow, I'm truly thankful for you and your family that your husband was quick enough to make the right decision on how to deal with that oncoming car. You are all very lucky.

    ((hugs)) to you and hubby, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a jarring experience for you both!
    I'm so glad to learn he is okay physically but I am sure he will be a little shaky for a few days or so. Please take care.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Teresa, Clara thank you, yes its been an expieriance no one wants, he is fine he has been so lucky it's unbelieveable, The car had been towed of elsewhere so he wasn't happy he couldn't the valuables inside we have been in touch with the insurance again and they said they'll send them through, Thank you for your words of support xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. good to know that he's ok... I can immagine your fear and how scared you must have been.
    I'm living in the US, just DH and I and we don't have our families here, and I have always a worry in the back of my mind of what if something happened to him or me, what could the other manage without supporting people by our side...
    I'll pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are right cars can be replaced Amanda. Good job your Husband is okay. He was so...lucky.
    Bit of inconvenience, but thats nothing.
    Try and have a good weekend, nevertheless.
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so sorry to hear this, thank God your husband is ok though xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you all for your recent comments, hubby is doing well despite everything xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Joyce hello my dear soo glad you're here, thank you for your well wishes, and for offering to be my yarn escort buddy xx that would have been awesome a trip out with an equally minded person awww please do enter my draw x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, thank you for taking the time to visit. xxx