Today i thought you'd like to see my 2010 reflection of crochet creation's..
What a year it's been i can hardly believe it when i look back through the pics, dear me does'nt time fly!!
As you may know i started my journey this time last year so have been busy planning a giveaway!! yipee with 50 Followers too what could be better?
but first lets take a sneek peek back in time ~~~~
I made squares for Sibol :0) that have been incorperated into a blanket or two, maybe 3 maybe 4 haha
now you'll have to forgive me because i know there's a few missing one or two Christmas squares a bonfire square guess i was too excited to mail them off before snapping their pics :0) Do pop over to Flickr to the lovely MRS TWIN'S photostream to see all the blankets made, and squares recieved to date, they're fabulous ....
you might just catch a glimpse of the missing squares i'm talking about hehe
I also made granny square's for a swap over on Ravelry ~~~ again there's a set missing as i dashed of to the post office to send before snapping it's pic what am i like haha
The famous trademark butterfly by Netspets made an appearance in every single set :)
I made some blanket's some finished some not quite hehe
Ooh i remember these well one of the not quite finished ones is very near it's tadahh post :) hehe
I had fun making thing's for fun remember these? ~~~
you can click on any picture above to get an enlarged view ;)
Did you have fun on my journey :) ?
I do hope so ~~~ so what has 2011 in store in this creative mind of mine? well let's kick off with a gorgeous pattern available from the Royal sister's Blog and the lovely Michelle :)
I spotted a cushion she had made last year and decided that i wanted to make it for my son so following her link to her etsy shop i purchased the Grandma's English cushion pattern :)
i hope i did it justice for her xxx
I did a Ben sherman's logo for the back, he loves it but hasn't given me chance to sew on the button's yet!! haha He even picked them out himself before dashing off to his bedroom and clinging onto it like there's no tomorrow haha That's ok i'll leave it a while longer just so he knows it's deffinately his bless xxx
let me tell you a little about the yarn i used ~~~ it was bargainous Merino !! i spotted it in a lovely quaint little yarn shop in the sale! As luck happened there were plenty red just 3 balls of navy and the one off white ....
so i purchased 2 red 3 navy and 1 off white, I used less than half of one ball of red and off white and just started the 3rd ball of navy :) good ay This was adrafil classic 100% merino machine washable :)
I'm thinking a bag liner or case liner or or or ...... hehe
I also a little while back came across this little beauty to store my hooks in
hehe is'nt it adorable ..... even has a little button fob
which bring's me onto the giveaway Whey!! happy dances all around, for your chance to win one of these beauties complete with Soak a perfect wash solution for your delicate pieces of creative art, and yarn please leave a comment expressing your favourite yarn colours and then cross those fingers :)
As you can see above there are two main prize winners which will each recieve a hooky case and soak and 3 balls of yarn who can resist yarn hehe you can't see that as i'd like to handpick according to the winners taste :)
closing deadline will be a week on Sunday midnight gmt (23rd jan) and the winners announced on Weds 26th because that's a day off work day for me hehe
Good Luck one and all and stay safe wherever you are, until then my lovelies have fun xxxx much love Amanda xxxxx
P.s i'm aware i've won a couple of blog awards i will display those next time after this giveaway hope you understand that i'd like to get this out the way first xxxxx
aH, tHE ROYAL SISTERS!!!I am going to have a go. Congratulations and thankyou for the beautiful pictures. I do the same Amanda, I get so excited that I forget to photo my squares!!! Oo pink of course!!!
ReplyDeleteThese are great pictures. I too get excited when I finish up a project. I like this giveaway item.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite colors are reds and purples. I usually use Red Heart yarn but I recently started using Caron brand and I just love the reds and purples they have. I'm making my first full afghan with their colors.
HI there my lovely! :) Your 2010 has been a very busy year indeed! And look how productive you've been! You did an excellent job on the pillow, I'm sure the Royal Sisters would agree :) Your such a pleasure to read, thanks for bringing a little sunshine into my day!
ReplyDeleteTake Care! xoxoxoxoxo
I love all colors greens, browns, pinks purples..not picky at all!
Ooh thank you both~~ Louise i know you were itching to have a go at that cushion good luck with it my lovely, and Kat i often envy the yarn across the pond great colour choices and seemingly fabulous prices You're both entered Good Luck xxx
ReplyDeleteThank you Cole on reflection it has been quite busy when you look at the pics haha you forget how many thing's you've done so it's been quite a trip down memory lane for me awwww. Thank you for your colour choices and Good Luck xxx
ReplyDeleteOh Manda what a creative year you have had !! I do LOVE to read your blog ! My fav piccy is the little Japanese girl dolly and your lovely daisy sqaure for Sibol, and the colurful paisley fabric is to die for !! Happy Creating for 2011 hun xxx
ReplyDeletePlease enter me into your smashing giveaway, my fav colours are pink , blue and green .....whooo0te, crossing dem fingers ....lol :-)
Hugs Fee xxx
Aww hello Fee :) The kokeshi doll's have been a huge hit so delicate looking i love the fact there's a little hidden box haha good Luck my lovely xx
ReplyDeleteI love the pic of your Japanese crochet dolly, I'd love to make that. The blankets you made are gorgeous too. Please consider me for your giveaway, my favourite yarn colours are turquoise and pink. I hope you have a go at entering my 50 followers giveaway later on this month too. Rachael Xx
ReplyDeleteRachael hello, thank you my lovely the details are on my rav project page to the pattern details etc xxx Thank you for telling me your colours good luck xxx
ReplyDeleteOooh I love purples and blues and red and turquoise lol. I like lots of colours. Hehe. I'd love to join in the fun so please include me. Lovely collage of your year. xx
ReplyDeleteThank you Hazel, duely noted thank you and good luck xx
ReplyDeleteYou had a very creative and crochet filled 2010! My favorite colors are purples, pinks, and aqua :)
ReplyDeleteHello! I'm one of your newest followers, happy to be here. I like tweedy types of yarn, with some flecks of color here and there to give some interest to the finished item!
ReplyDeleteCasey, thank you yes i did i even managed to design a few thing's once the bug had taken hold :) fabulous colour selection's coming through
ReplyDeleteJulie welcome, and thank you too i love to see new followers, means i must be doing something right haha ooh do you make clothing by chance going by your colour choices? xxx
Congratulations on your first year. I have followed you for most of it and have enjoyed your posts.
ReplyDeleteThe Union Jack cushion is lovely, my daughter made this for her Dad for Christmas and I have just purchased the flower cushion pattern from the Royal Sisters, now I just have to find the time to make it! I like all colours depending on what I am making at the time.
Best wishes. Mary (Maryfairy)
Thank you Mary, yes it's been quite a journey, i'm glad i entertained you along the way ~~~ It's soo hard to choose colours sometimes when you happily use all the colours in the rainbow hehe Good luck in the draw take care Amanda xx
ReplyDeleteI would love to enter my first time to a giveaway. I love the hooky case and specially the button! My favorite yarn is a type of washable wool and colorful. I loved your journey and have enjoyed following you. I really love the japanese girl! I also would love to make one. You be safe and thanks for giving me this opportunity. xoRobin❤
ReplyDeleteRobin thank you for stopping by yarn duely noted :) She is adorable isn't she, if you click on any one of them on my projects page over on Rav you'll be able to get the pattern :) good luck in the draw my lovely xxx
ReplyDeleteMichelle's lastest cushion pattern is so lovely
ReplyDeleteCongrats to you, I see your over 50 now :-)
Favourite colours have always been red and green, but just lately my eye has been caught by lovely deep,bright blues. I think it might be called cobalt blue
Yes Maria it has gone over now :) i know the gorgeous shade your'e refering to :) good luck in the draw xx
ReplyDeleteHey manda, I see my squares somewhere in there! Obviously you know my favourite colour is PURPLE PURPLE PURPLE! Yours are my favourite squares yet. Hope you had a good christmas break. Thankyou for the giveaway, the little hooky holders look so cute!
ReplyDeleteHello! Congrats on a year well done! I have enjoyed all of your posts. My favorite yarn colors are purples and pinks. Thanks for the giveaway, would love one of those little hooky holders, adorable! Looking forward to what 2011 has in store for you creatively!
ReplyDeleteI like pink, turquoise, light emerald green and sky blue.........and oh so many others!
ReplyDeleteI only found your blog a few weeks ago but, having seen all your creations, I think I shall have to start reading back.
Those are perfect cases for crochet needles - did you find them on line?
Carol xx
So many pretty things to look at! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that fabric! Hope you have a wonderful 2011!!
ReplyDeletei didn't know you had a blog! woooohoooo!!! so glad i found it :o)
ReplyDeletei do love all the things you have made. your squares are gorgeous! and aww...pugsy and his friends are so cute! i love the Japanese dolly too!
sorry about all the exclamation marks, but there are just so many things to exclaim about.
btw incase you don't recognise me, i was sumea on ravelry for a little while before i changed the name to the same one that is on my blog and flickr etc.
i shall pop back often now i know where to find you.
wamest hugs
millie
Laura, my lovely wave yohoo haha i thought you'd spot them haha what do you think about that material my stitching friend haha xx
ReplyDeleteStill purple then how would i ever forget ;) Good luck sweetie xx
Kelly hi, I'm glad you've enjoyed my journey with me, i'm sure this year will be even more colourful, Good luck in the draw my dear xx
Carol, a huge welcome to manda's challenges please do feel free to track back, quite an interesting journey i've had :) thank you for your colour choices and good luck in the draw xx
melbatoast, hello my lovely ,it's been fun, thank you for your support along the way xx It's gorgeous that fabric i love it trouble is i want to do it justice i keep getting drawn to a bag liner will there be a new bag i wonder???? Would you like to enter the draw my lovely? i'd love to include you please stop by with fave colour choices pleaseeee xxx
Millie, Millie, Millie, you're here Yay :0) you found me, how are you my lovely getting ready for a hooky year of goodness i hope? ;) So happy to have you here, I'd like to include you in my draw too my lovely please say you'll enter too xxx
Manda, I love rainbows... all colours of course!!!!! I loved looking at all of your blankets and squares, you have been very prolific this year! Have a lovely week XXXXX
ReplyDeleteLove the Royal Sisters!!! What wonderful crochet you have done. My favorite yarn color would be Pink or Turquoise - I seem to use those more than any other color
ReplyDeleteAlice Thank you,You've had a fabulous year too with your crochet creation's xx good luck in the draw my lovely xx
ReplyDeleteAmanda, thank you my dear, i have a fondness of those colours too, every colour has a purpose in my eyes but you do get drawn to certain ones haha good luck in the draw my loovey xx
Manda I just saw your Union Jack pillow on flickr and hand to jump over and see more. The Ben Sherman logo is a great backing for it! Might have to hook one up for my hubby. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Kelly, yes please do the pattern is very easy to follow however it did have a plain backing, i jazzed it up to look like the ben sherman logo, would you like to enter the draw too Kelly? xx
ReplyDeleteBrilliant work Amanda. Just look at the variety of your work, covering everything I think. The cushion is superb! I bet you'll be taking orders for this project. I was looking at some union jack stuff today in one of the stores thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteI thought i left a comment on here the other day, apparently it didn't go through. I 've just commented on Flickr.
Great post, busy bee!
Hugs and Love Suex
Aww thank you Sue, i'm hoping this year will be just as bright and varied xx
ReplyDeleteMy favourite colours difficult one. I think pinks, pale greens, purples.
ReplyDeletehave a good weekend,
Love Suex
Thank you Sue, xxx good luck in the draw xxx
ReplyDeleteHiya, I've found your blog from Lucy's group on Ravelry.. And am enjoying browsing :)
ReplyDeleteI'd love to be in with a chance for your giveaway... I love pretty girly colours, and deep manly colours, and anything green!
Hi Manda, I'm glad I made it before your giveaway deadline! :-) I love your blog.. and love the colors of magenta, raspberry, fuschia, pinky lavendars, purples.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad your hubby is okay!
Hugs, Teresa from Corbett, Oregon
Chaya welcome, thank you for entering good Luck xx
ReplyDeleteTeresa hello my lovely i did wonder wether you'd seen it or not, thank you my dear and good luck xxx
Oh I would love to be entered here. I would enjoy just about any color but do like the turquoises, magenta and lavenders. Love visiting here on your blog, always so much to see!
ReplyDelete