Hello and welcome back to Manda's Challenges :)
A very warm welcome to all recent new follower's Thank you xxx
Today i want to share with you what i've been up to since finishing that lovely mahoosive friendship afghan :)
Can you remember me saying i was uber jealous of the American worsted weight yarn?
That the UK version Aran just didn't hold the same vibrant colourway's as our uber popular DK weight?
Well guess what arrived Yesterday!!
Hehe That's right a lovely massive box of American worsted weight yarn :)
On the Friday following my Birthday(payday) i decided that i would treat myself and set about finding a U.S site that would ship to England :) And i found one !! Red heart.com
I was super excited so many different fabulous colours bouncing of the screen i could happily have ticked one of every colour available hehe
But i settled on These 17 :)
What i chose was 10 colours of the red heart soft (now that is lovely and soft) and 7 of the red heart super saver ooh they're big 3 of them just under 200g wow!! but a little on the scratchy side ooops I'm hoping they'll wash a little softer,edit~ thank you to everyone who has assured me this washes beautifully and soften's :) but such joy opening the box and hunting through hehe
They were all in plastic sleeves but i had to caress them hehe and stand them up for the purpose of taking the pic haha
I still wished i had ordered more of some other varieties maybe but you know how it goes Money stops you in your tracks especially when you have tax and shipping added on awww :(
So What have i decided to do hehe
I spotted a gorgeous afghan on Ravelry by Pammy Sue called Good & Plenty.
It was just what i was looking for stripes different to the granny stripe yet super fast to work Perfect!!
My good Friend Kate over at The Garden Bell had worked it up ooh ages ago and it was now my turn to play :)
Here's my progress so far ~
It's going to be big!
I kept chaining until i was happy it would cover our double bed hehe
It's looking like summer berries! haha i think i may just have named it already hehe so we have blueberries and blackberries so far ooh time for some raspberries and strawberries hehe :)
I've had this week of work :) so i've been crocheting to my heart's content :)
I worked up some Challenge squares for Sibol and popped them in the post (they should arrive today hehe)
This one is for a special commemorative blankie to Mark the 100th Sibol blankie :)
This is a flower square designed by one of the Sibol Ladie's (Luna) for Sibol :)
These are squares that a magazine (knit today) suggested readers to make and donate to maybe Sibol :)
And these were for fun because i love a flower square and Casey's flower she sent me inspired me to make a few for Sibol :)
Which bring's me onto the Challenge :)
I'm hoping i can get a few of my faithful friend's to join in here :)
Whilst Sue is busy over at Sibol HQ with assembling the challenge blankie's from this year and following the success of my friendship blankie she kindly asked if i'd like to set a challenge and assemble it for Sibol :)
Well of course i would i love's a challenge hehe
And the group has grown sooo much it would be my absolute pleasure :)
So here goe's The challenge i set hehe
As you can see Sibol squares are made to 6" that's 15cm x 15cm
25 of them are then assembled and the finished lapghan's are then presented to Nursing home's to people that don't have many or any visitor's at all :(
Snowman themed :)
So far to date i have18 17 16 open spaces so if you'd like to become a sibolette and help out with a very worthwhile Charity please do leave a comment we'd love to have you on board and bring smiles to many more lonely eldery people this Christmas xxx
If you are a member of Ravelry you can follow the link directly here if not feel free to join it's free :)
All squares donated are pictured and finished afghan's also over at Flickr on the Site here and on Ravelry too, you've seen me have fun creating squares care to join me :) xxxxxx
Thank you for visiting until next time take good care of yourselves much love Amanda xxx
STOP PRESS hehe
our first square has arrived from Lallyloulou lookie isn't it a fabulous square to kickstart this Challenge :)
A very warm welcome to all recent new follower's Thank you xxx
Today i want to share with you what i've been up to since finishing that lovely mahoosive friendship afghan :)
Can you remember me saying i was uber jealous of the American worsted weight yarn?
That the UK version Aran just didn't hold the same vibrant colourway's as our uber popular DK weight?
Well guess what arrived Yesterday!!
Hehe That's right a lovely massive box of American worsted weight yarn :)
On the Friday following my Birthday(payday) i decided that i would treat myself and set about finding a U.S site that would ship to England :) And i found one !! Red heart.com
I was super excited so many different fabulous colours bouncing of the screen i could happily have ticked one of every colour available hehe
But i settled on These 17 :)
What i chose was 10 colours of the red heart soft (now that is lovely and soft) and 7 of the red heart super saver ooh they're big 3 of them just under 200g wow!! but a little on the scratchy side ooops I'm hoping they'll wash a little softer,edit~ thank you to everyone who has assured me this washes beautifully and soften's :) but such joy opening the box and hunting through hehe
They were all in plastic sleeves but i had to caress them hehe and stand them up for the purpose of taking the pic haha
I still wished i had ordered more of some other varieties maybe but you know how it goes Money stops you in your tracks especially when you have tax and shipping added on awww :(
So What have i decided to do hehe
I spotted a gorgeous afghan on Ravelry by Pammy Sue called Good & Plenty.
It was just what i was looking for stripes different to the granny stripe yet super fast to work Perfect!!
My good Friend Kate over at The Garden Bell had worked it up ooh ages ago and it was now my turn to play :)
Here's my progress so far ~
It's going to be big!
I kept chaining until i was happy it would cover our double bed hehe
It's looking like summer berries! haha i think i may just have named it already hehe so we have blueberries and blackberries so far ooh time for some raspberries and strawberries hehe :)
I've had this week of work :) so i've been crocheting to my heart's content :)
I worked up some Challenge squares for Sibol and popped them in the post (they should arrive today hehe)
This one is for a special commemorative blankie to Mark the 100th Sibol blankie :)
This is a flower square designed by one of the Sibol Ladie's (Luna) for Sibol :)
These are squares that a magazine (knit today) suggested readers to make and donate to maybe Sibol :)
And these were for fun because i love a flower square and Casey's flower she sent me inspired me to make a few for Sibol :)
Which bring's me onto the Challenge :)
I'm hoping i can get a few of my faithful friend's to join in here :)
Whilst Sue is busy over at Sibol HQ with assembling the challenge blankie's from this year and following the success of my friendship blankie she kindly asked if i'd like to set a challenge and assemble it for Sibol :)
Well of course i would i love's a challenge hehe
And the group has grown sooo much it would be my absolute pleasure :)
So here goe's The challenge i set hehe
As you can see Sibol squares are made to 6" that's 15cm x 15cm
25 of them are then assembled and the finished lapghan's are then presented to Nursing home's to people that don't have many or any visitor's at all :(
Snowman themed :)
For the adventurous pictures of snowman :) snowball’s throw in few all white textured squares maybe the odd granny
let your imagination run wild :)
let your imagination run wild :)
REQUIREMENTS: We need 25 6” squares to make a blankie with that in mind it would be ideal for 25 people to be willing to send in a one off snowman themed themed square to me!
YARN~ Acrylic please
Are you interested?
Wouldn’t it be nice to add an extra blankie that can then be shipped to Sibol HQ in time for the distribution :)
YARN~ Acrylic please
Are you interested?
Wouldn’t it be nice to add an extra blankie that can then be shipped to Sibol HQ in time for the distribution :)
So far to date i have
If you are a member of Ravelry you can follow the link directly here if not feel free to join it's free :)
All squares donated are pictured and finished afghan's also over at Flickr on the Site here and on Ravelry too, you've seen me have fun creating squares care to join me :) xxxxxx
Thank you for visiting until next time take good care of yourselves much love Amanda xxx
STOP PRESS hehe
our first square has arrived from Lallyloulou lookie isn't it a fabulous square to kickstart this Challenge :)
Hi! What lovely afghans you make! So colourful! I would like to let you know that there is a link party on my crochet blog every fridaynight and Saturday. I would love it if you’d add something you made. Have a lovely day!
ReplyDeleteAnnemarie
www.annemarieshaakblog.blogspot.com
Aww thank you Annemarie xx
ReplyDeleteThe supersaver does soften up once it's washed. Can't wait to see the progress!
ReplyDeleteRed Heart yarn softens up great when you wash it and put it in a hot, hot dryer. The hotter the better. You will be amazed at how soft it gets! Can't wait to see your finished blanket with all those lovely colors.
ReplyDeleteOooh melboast68 & Sarah thank you soooo much how exciting!That's fabulous news :)
ReplyDeleteSnowman on its way Amanda, posted yesterday tea time. Lovely new blankie.
ReplyDeleteAww Thank you Louise xxx
ReplyDeleteFab yarn. I never knew you could get Red Heart sent out over here. Well done you. You will have to let us know how it goes. Would you say it was a definite aran weight then? Great squares. I love that last flower one. Fab. xx
ReplyDeleteDear Manda, I'm so happy for you that you got some yarn from the good ol' USA! It's true, it does wash up soft. Can't wait to see what you do with it!
ReplyDelete((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Ooh Teresa, I.m using a couple on the new afghan and looking for inspiration for the others hehe I'm loving working it up :)
ReplyDeleteHazel lovey its as close as you can get my lovely the Dark purple pictured in the snapshot above is the U.S amongst the UK aran :) This new afghan will have a mix of both :) xx
ReplyDeleteWell, is that a hoot, as we over here would say. We are always trying to find UK yarn to ship here. Looks like you are off and running. Thanks for the linkie, that pattern was actually from Pammy Sue, but it was so long ago...he-he..we share all anyways. It will go very fast for you and with all those colors should turn out lovely.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if this blog is still active, but I sure hope so! You have fantastic, artistic granny squares! I am enjoying looking at them. One thing that I was NOT expecting was an answer to a question I've been asking all over the internet, but gotten no answer until now! I bought a gazillion Red Heart Super Saver Economy Size skeins of yarn on the internet with the intention of having all that yarn for tons of projects without the worry of running out. Sadly, it is stiff and scratchy. I've made two scarves and two shawls with it, and they are stuff as something starched! No draping! Now I read you saying that through your readers you've been assured that it will soften when washed and dried! I am so happy to hear this!! I have so much of that yarn, I love the colors, and now I can enjoy it, knowing it is gonna soften up when I wash and dry it!!! Happy happy!
ReplyDelete