Hello and welcome back to Manda's challenge's :)
Yay!!!! pure and simple Yay!! haha
Oh boy have i been waiting for this day for a long long time :)
My First ever completed ~ ends nowhere to be seen ~ large mahoosive Afghan for Me!!!! yay!!
And with a little help from my Friends :) i present to you my My haha Friendship Afghan :)
Rainbow Kisses
Isn't it BeAutiFul :)
I can't help but feel happy happy every time i look at it and i have looked at it often hehe
I've had it spread out on the floor more time's than not haha just staring at it looking at everyone's fabulous squares :)
I've fell blissfully asleep on the sofa several times with it draped over me since Friday hehe :)
And worked on it quite happily completing the border (i hope I've made you all proud with my choice of bordering ) :)
The bordering a simple chain 3 sc :) it matched with the joining technique :)
I promised a colourful border hehe what better than a rainbow :)
The story behind it :)
Way back in June 2010 i joined a granny square swap over on Ravelry. It meant exchanging 4 squares a month following a short description of favorite colours etc mine was a love of rainbow colours and flowers hehe
Unfortunately in May of this year unknown to me at the time as i wasn't actively online The group closed :(
Due to parcels not being received etc I at the time was missing 3 swaps worth :( so it was quite understandable as to why it had to come to a close .
August of this year i spread my received squares out and asked for help from my online friends to help me complete it :)
The response was absolutely fabulous!! It meant i could add an extra row onto the afghan :)
I played with all the squares as they arrived photographing them placing them into the design several times hehe I settled on a design of granny/pattern Flower it was perfect, the mix was spot on and no one realized it not even me until it came to playing with them on the floor :)
Worsted weight and Dk were used happily together i do love the American Worsted weight it comes in so many gorgeous colours compared to uk aran equivalent.
I simply can't thank you all enough for making this afghan a reality xxx
Who'd have thought my first big afghan would be sooo special mwah xxxx
This is my 3 seater sofa so you can see it's plenty big enough for me to snuggle up with :)
Wrapped up in Rainbow kisses from my friends mwah xxxxx
Thank you to all involved it's been a fantastic journey and i love it!!
And guess what i'm going to do it all again hehe with the Sibolette's (a sibolette is a person who has made charity squares for Sibol see the direct link pic above on the right ;) and is a member on Ravelry where the Sibol swap is taking place :)
Thank you until next time take good care of yourselves xxxxxx much love Amanda xxxxxx
Yay!!!! pure and simple Yay!! haha
Oh boy have i been waiting for this day for a long long time :)
My First ever completed ~ ends nowhere to be seen ~ large mahoosive Afghan for Me!!!! yay!!
And with a little help from my Friends :) i present to you my My haha Friendship Afghan :)
Rainbow Kisses
Isn't it BeAutiFul :)
I can't help but feel happy happy every time i look at it and i have looked at it often hehe
I've had it spread out on the floor more time's than not haha just staring at it looking at everyone's fabulous squares :)
I've fell blissfully asleep on the sofa several times with it draped over me since Friday hehe :)
And worked on it quite happily completing the border (i hope I've made you all proud with my choice of bordering ) :)
The bordering a simple chain 3 sc :) it matched with the joining technique :)
I promised a colourful border hehe what better than a rainbow :)
The story behind it :)
Way back in June 2010 i joined a granny square swap over on Ravelry. It meant exchanging 4 squares a month following a short description of favorite colours etc mine was a love of rainbow colours and flowers hehe
Unfortunately in May of this year unknown to me at the time as i wasn't actively online The group closed :(
Due to parcels not being received etc I at the time was missing 3 swaps worth :( so it was quite understandable as to why it had to come to a close .
August of this year i spread my received squares out and asked for help from my online friends to help me complete it :)
The response was absolutely fabulous!! It meant i could add an extra row onto the afghan :)
I played with all the squares as they arrived photographing them placing them into the design several times hehe I settled on a design of granny/pattern Flower it was perfect, the mix was spot on and no one realized it not even me until it came to playing with them on the floor :)
Worsted weight and Dk were used happily together i do love the American Worsted weight it comes in so many gorgeous colours compared to uk aran equivalent.
I simply can't thank you all enough for making this afghan a reality xxx
Who'd have thought my first big afghan would be sooo special mwah xxxx
This is my 3 seater sofa so you can see it's plenty big enough for me to snuggle up with :)
Wrapped up in Rainbow kisses from my friends mwah xxxxx
Thank you to all involved it's been a fantastic journey and i love it!!
And guess what i'm going to do it all again hehe with the Sibolette's (a sibolette is a person who has made charity squares for Sibol see the direct link pic above on the right ;) and is a member on Ravelry where the Sibol swap is taking place :)
Thank you until next time take good care of yourselves xxxxxx much love Amanda xxxxxx
Truly beautiful - you did a great job putting it all together. :)
ReplyDeleteYour afghan is absolutely beautiful. I love it almost as much as you do :)
ReplyDeleteNice work! Very beautiful and colorful.
ReplyDeleteit looks great!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Thank you xxx you can click on any pic for an enlarged view :) xxx
ReplyDeleteTadaah... he is beautiful!
ReplyDeletegr. Meijra
Absolutely fab!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous. I love the border. xxx
ReplyDeleteTruly amazing. I can't for the life of me figure out just how I missed this one. I mean I'm a SIBOLETTE too, but not so much lately. I guess I've just been off in dreamland, lost in my own world. Well, I'm awake now and keeping my eyes peeled.
ReplyDeleteYou have done a wonderful job with that, it looks beautiful. Excellent decision on the edging, the colours lift it and pull it all together some how. It really is the nicest I have ever seen. XXX
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful blanket and the story behind it is even better.
ReplyDeleteHave fun with it,
Meredith
Aww Thank you all soo much i'm equally pleased you love it as much as i do xxxx
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing afghan! The story is so great, it makes the afghan come alive with its own story of love. Enjoy cuddling in it!
ReplyDeletexoRobin❤
It looks so beautiful! and it is such a nice idea! Great Job! Kindest regards Nicole
ReplyDeleteThank you both xxxx
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful! Congrats on your new, very special, rainbow snuggle blanket!
ReplyDeleteI'm just popping over to see which Pammy Sue's you were talking about. She has done so many lovlies, I can't wait to see. Sorry, about digging up the past one's today, but trying to get ready for the weekend and figure out my next project. With all that yarn, I guess I'm going to have to use up some of that to justify getting some more. Maybe, a 100 X 100 grannie might make a dent....giggle..
ReplyDeleteThank you Erin, Kate i'll put together a new post very soon hehe xx
ReplyDeleteHoping I've got my technology problems solved now. Simply beautiful Squares and bunny Amanda, what fun today!
ReplyDeleteHave a good weekend Love Suex
I saw this on Ravelry and loved it! Hubby was sitting next to me when I was looking at it, and he said it was lovely, and looked just like a patchwork quilt :) xxx
ReplyDeleteYay!
ReplyDeleteIt looks absolutely stunning finished! I'm so glad I got to contribute a square, I hope you get lots of use and love out of it and that it keeps you warm when winter sets in!!
:-) x x
Yes Sue Technology fixed ;) glad you liked the goodies :) xx
ReplyDeleteMelanie Hi aww thank you xx
Nicole i'm getting loads of use out of it already it's a permanent fixture on my sofa hehe
It is STUNNING! Such a beauty. x
ReplyDelete