Monday, 29 August 2011

Birthday looming ooh eck

Hello and welcome back to Manda's Challenge's :)
Hello my lovelies, What a busy few day's i've had in crochet land hehe
I've finished the baby cal over on Smoothfox !    my pics are on  ravelry
not spoiling the fun in case you're embarking on doing it too hehe 
Lookie at Mitzy haha getting all comfortable on my friendship afghan i finally made a start on :)
She get's onto every little inch of yarn available to rest herself on soo funny, hubby find's her hilarious it doesn't matter if it's only the ball of yarn she'll try her hardest to snooze on it haha
Talking of which look at the fabulous Squares i received to add onto it!
From Hazel, look at the gorgeous cupcake card hehe she know's me too well xxx
And Nicole, with that gorgeous handmade notelet, with a pic of her fabulous Square! 

These fabulous squares from Hazel and Nicole Thank you soo much Ladies:) Look closely at the above pic and you just may see them already in play hehe 
I still have a few more rows to do so don't panic if your squares are en-route it took me the whole of yesterday to just get that far hehe 
It's the first ever Afghan i've ever put together using random 6" squares ie different edges so i'm a bit of a slowcoach ;) 
But enjoying every inch of it :) It sure does make you think of everyone who put these kind of Afghan's together on almost a daily basis!! Superstar's!! 
The first person that sprung to mind was Sue over at Sibol HQ with the challenge blankies she puts together!
All i can say is wow! it's a challenge in itself to assemble i know now!!!!
Well i have another busy week ahead with my Birthday on Thursday awwww and i have to work! how did that happen? 
I won't work anymore on the friendship afghan until the weekend, i won't have time boo hoo might just sneek in a few more pincushion's hehe 

Until next time my lovelies Take good care of yourselves xxxxx 

11 comments:

  1. Ooooh I spot it!!!! And doesn't the cat look comfy lol. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a Happy Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horray! I'm glad my square made it safely, I'd forgotten all about it (bank holiday weekend!) I'm glad it's going to be part of a really awesome blanket, you'll have something really special when you're done! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to a great blog friend! Hope it's the best ever!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another Birthday! You deserve such a happy day dear Amanda, go and treat yourself to some beautiful yummy yarn!
    Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun. Always glad to see some blankets in the making. Hasn't Sue done unbelieveable keeping track of all those squares for all this time. Love the colors here, they are gr888.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww thank you all sooo much, I have to work on my birthday this year so no going out and purchasing yummy yarn for me :( I'm sure I'll make up for it somewhere :) and yes Kate absolutely!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you are going to celebrate BIG!

    Sarah (Ravelry)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pssssssssst... check my blog.. you're a winner!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mitzy looks so at home on the friendship blanket. My squares will be on their way ASAP!! I hope you had a good birthday xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, thank you for taking the time to visit. xxx