Saturday, 16 October 2010

Rippling closer to the finishing line ~~

Hello and welcome back to manda's challenges :)
A special welcome to all recent followers and a huge thank you for your lovely comment's xxx

Well I've had a productive week yay Still not well :( but look what's been flying off my hook this week....

Doesn't it look bigger yay have another look hehe...

Did you notice? quite a few extra inches have been added yay.. the end is in sight :0)
I also threw a few Christmas squares together with a few little granny trees by The royal sisters blogspot.
So adorable and so quick to make i feel a garland is in store for the Christmas period :)

What are you going to do with them i hear you say hehe Well I've enjoyed making them sooo much for Sibol that i thought I'd make a lapghan for myself :) knowing my failure to complete blankies etc i could end up keeping them till the Christmas challenge rolls around again hehe we shall see ..........
And finally but by no means least i made a huge yarn error ladies ooh yes ... i purchased 8 balls of this Sirdar snowflake dk yarn to make my friend a baby girl ripple blankie and i couldn't work with it :( i tried the recommended hook tried a bigger hook but to no avail so unfortunately i had to return 7 of the balls i kept the one i practiced on it would have been rude to return it used don't you think.
And came back home with this
Ahhh that's better i added a green too just to break the colours up a little and knowing my friend adores green i can't go wrong
For my reference more than anything so that if i run out of a particular shade I'll know what to purchase hehe So nose to the grindstone for me the babe is due to be induced Tuesday if she doesn't arrive beforehand.
I wasn't happy with the African flower one i was making for her hence a quick rethink, what a pickle i get myself into. Anyway i hope to show you the emergency ripple next along with more progress on that big ripple I'm busy working on :0)
Until then take care everyone much love Amanda xxx

10 comments:

  1. the ripple blanket is looking good! love those Christmas squares, the would look good in a blanket. And I like the green added in with all the pinks, I bet they will look so good together

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've managed to work up all the colours i bought and it's looking how i wanted so all's good so far xx thank you Casey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ripple blanket is lovely, I really must make one, and your christmas squares are fab :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Melanie xx i must admit it's getting terribly exciting to see an end in sight :) however this baby ripple is taking priority at the minute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda,
    Congratulations you are doing so well with the ripple. Beautiful colours.
    I just love ripples I made quite a few last year. They grow so quickly.
    These new balls of yarn too look so interesting!!!!!
    Love Sue
    and I hope you had a good weekend!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is definitely a difference in the size now! The squares are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Christmas squares are fabulous. I am sorry you haven't felt well but seems you have had great hooky time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, they're gorgeous to work with so soft almost on the 4th repeat yay xxx
    Clara, i have a week off work so hopefully it will grow even more fingers crossed xx
    Erin, thank you the pattern is available here and on Sibol if you fancy a go at the wreath ones :) a whole week of hooky time is in store yay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snowflake is a pain to work with. You did right in swapping it. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A pain it is i think that yarn would work knitted maybe i don't know all i know is how scrumptiously soft it was and for the life of me couldn't see where i was going. i stretched went bigger in hook size but no it was'nt for me :( i'm happy i swapped valuable lesson learnt xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, thank you for taking the time to visit. xxx