Saturday, 16 July 2011

Getting Back Into The Swing! :)

I've Been shopping ladies! oh yes and what a strange feeling it was to have the wantie's all over again :)
Seem's too long way too long since i've been able to go oooh and ahhhhh and i honestly don't know what got me going all gaga over crochet goodies hehe but i'm liking it :)
Let me show you what got me going i have to have it hehe

Sold by Lucy's of Attic 24 favourite seller Pompadour, Japanese crochet Easy wear book!
I've recieved a despatch note and can't wait for it to fall through my letterbox!
I guess this new Japanese flower shawlette/poncho got me going oooh again let's see the progress on it......
 Getting bigger now and more like what i was trying to achieve, had to have a hunt round and  it was Attic24 to the rescue once more, that lady is sooo talented always a pleasure to have a peek into her colourful world.
I also had a peep at Sibol's new challenges seems way to long since i did, and i craftily set about a couple of squares hehe i'm not counting the Scottish flag as i had that lying around from when i designed it for a friend :)
but a challenge is calling for it so it's pastures new ~sibol bound hehe
Iv'e made the cupcake before so enjoyed doing that one but the flamingo was thought provoking! plenty pics on the net just needed to design it into a square i hope i succeeded??
They're being blocked now pinned out all ready on a piece of upholsterer's foam i got a while back big enough to fit 10 6" squares on i wondered when i'd be able to put it to use :)
I've also had a sudden urge to try some American yarn and i don't really know why? Perhaps it's because it's not readily available here?
and those lovely fancy hooks, i seem to have lost a few somewhere, always the way isn't it, then you search and have you seen those talented ladies that coat hooks in beautiful designed polymer clay? They are absolutely gorgeous!! Not seen a random spotty one or striped one yet though :)
Still love the intricate birds and butterflies with flowers ones though ahhhhhhhhh of to dream i'm ever so good at that hehe
Take care my lovelies xxxx Amanda xxx

5 comments:

  1. I so want to learn how that Japanese works. I have a book too, but can't seem to figure it out. I'll try again soon, but up to my eyeballs in circles right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the white flower shawl and also the one you had on the top of the page.. did you notice the crocheted hanger cover?? I have a hanger out here ready to cover. I've made 2 so far and they're great for tshirts as the shirts don't fall off the hangers.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate so lovely of you to drop by xx i've seen your Fathers afghan it's lookig gorgeous! I'll help as much as possible to decipher those symbols as soon as i see them my lovely x
    Teresa, the shawl/poncho is cream hehe i get white cream muddled too the colours are too alike on a comp screen ;) Have you seen the hangers on the cath kidston site? too easy lol good on you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Japanese books are about the only crochet books we can find around here -- even though I live in a Middle Eastern country. But I can't read the patterns either -- I need them written out, in detail, and then I am not always successful with figuring them out. :/ Your squares are fun. Have a great day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy :) i'm suddenly worried oh my days i'll soon see i guess :/ Thank you for stopping by xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, thank you for taking the time to visit. xxx