Tuesday, 3 August 2010

The heat is on !

Hello and welcome back to manda's challenges :)
i've taken the plunge and let the cat out of the bag, i was desperately trying to keep it secret but i feel i'm in need of moral support in order to fulfil my own personal deadline, ooh intrigued allow me to explain
whilst my hubby was been banging on about a new blankie for the bed i had a brain wave dangerous things those haha i had a vision that this year's camping trip would be extra special if i made a granny blankie to mark my 1st year of crocheting  well by the time of taking it , it will 8 months oh wow doesn't time fly.
Anyway i'm going to a lovely place in Cornwall called Lanyon Holiday park on the 14th so that leaves me just under two weeks to fulfil my dream and take a handmade blankie i'm getting terribly excited at the thought :)
But i need some form of encouragement to crack on will power alone has been wearing thin in places for example i missed a golden weeks oppertunity when i took my nephew's baba blankie up, i couldn't get back into the swing of it when i returned, and now as of saturday i picked up that hook and went for it let me show you my progress thus far
at the min it's 7 6" grannies wide and 5 rows down at the min i was thinking aiming for another 6 rows down ?? i do intend to put a border on it too if time allows i do hope i can.
so the cat's out the bag the heat is on can you help me with wise words please xxxx

6 comments:

  1. OOh this is simply gorgeous.
    How lovely!
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness me, Amanda! What a beauty! Nose to the grindstone now! The end is in sight! Lots of love, Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog from PosyLinda. I just started crocheting too and I love it. AND I just finished my granny stripe blankey last night. No one even knows yet! I started it along with Attic 24. YOU MUST FINISH yours. It is beautiful. Imagine what it will look like on your bed.

    You have an adorable blog. I'm going to check it out further when I have more time. Right now I got green beans to clean {sigh}

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Cindy hmm green beans ours have done exceptionally well this year too enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Amanda xx i didn't manage to finish it in time awwww never mind will enjoy finishing it soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue i have some goodies coming your way very soon hehe thank you for the comments always welcomed xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, thank you for taking the time to visit. xxx